This post is going to be short, and basically sum up the year that was 2011.
- The beginning of the year found me still studying to be a Medical Office Coder.
- Not too soon into the year, I began reading the Vampire Academy series, thus distracting me heavily from studying.
- In March, the huge earthquake/tsunami hit Japan, and the tsunami reached Oregon, while I was on the move from Coos Bay to the Eugene area to take the test to become a Coder. I spent the whole time worrying about my mom, who was at the house with the family cats, while my sister was at work. I decided then and there to not live in a tsunami zone. I also realize that many places are tsunami zones, but I don’t want to live in an immediate inundation zone.
- My dad went for an interview in the S.F. Bay Area.
- He got the job.
- And I moved back to California, where I’d been raised until I was 17.
- I then spent the summer getting a ridiculous tan, and I turned 28 in July.
- I went to San Francisco for the first time, and immediately fell in love.
- I looked for work, and ending up getting hired at Kohl’s for Christmas help.
- I then quit my job, because something was sitting right with me about their store-running policies.
- Halloween came and went. I dressed as a 90s teenager, in the style of Angela Chase form My So-Called Life.
- Thanksgiving came and went, and I moved on with my life.
- I put up my Christmas decorations, declared this Christmas to be a Gwaine-related Christmas.
- I began exercising and watching what I ate so I could wear my tights with my dress and not look lumpy.
- Unfortunately, my exercise regime got pushed aside when I caught a stomach bug a week before Christmas, which caused me to lose five pounds.
- And now, New Year’s is coming. And with it, is the sixth anniversary of my first date ever, as well as turning 29.
I will be ringing in the New Year alone, possibly asleep, and not drunk.
Happy 2012 readers! I hope we make it to 2013!
There will be a photo follow-up post to illustrate some things from my year.