I wasn’t sure I was going to make a post for Thanksgiving this year, seeing as the only major events in the past year have been graduating college Cum Laude and Donald Trump winning the Electoral College votes and becoming the next president. With that said, I felt it would be good if I did write one.
I am thankful for:
- Graduating college Cum Laude. It was a sometimes frustrating online college experience, and I was pretty certain that my Global Society/Diversity instructor was going to fail me, but I made it out alive.
- My cats. One is head-butting me right now, because she wants love and I’m finishing this post before heading off to bed (I wrote this Wednesday night).
- Music. It’s kept me from losing my mind while the teenage girl downstairs plays obnoxious thumping music after school before her mom comes home and all goes silent.
- Joe Kenda, for being an awesome former homicide detective who truly enjoys bringing the bad guys down.
- ID Discovery, for putting Lt. Joe Kenda’s case files on TV.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Easily one of the best movies I’ve seen recently.
- The various Yelp reviewers who have ripped my apartment complex to shreds and to one in particular who called out the manager for her evasion of addressing issues several tenants have put into reviews or have spoken to her about in-person.
- My body, for tolerating cheese again. I’m trying not to over-do it, but seven years without milk products has made me crazy for M&Ms.
What am I not thankful for?
- My apartment complex, for keeping me from being able to sit on my balcony while the building is under repairs. It’s been a six-month nightmare that doesn’t seem to be ending anytime soon.
- The lackluster series finale of Castle.
- The current political climate of the United States and the treatment of those who are of different skin tones or “taboo” religions.
As usual, enjoy the day. I’m eating pizza and watching movies.